Coronavirus (COVID-19) policy – this is an addition to our Terms & Conditions
The World Health Organisation declared the Coronavirus (COVID-19) a Global Health Emergency on 30th January 2020 and Pandemic on 11th March 2020.
At Infant Aquatics, we ask that our customers take reasonable, proportionate steps in accordance with published guidance, to respond to the current (known) risks associated with the virus.
It is important that any person who enters any part of the pool or venue is medically and physically fit and is not a danger to themselves or the health and safety of others. If you are not sure, you should seek medical guidance from NHS 111
Please ask yourself the following questions before you attend each and every lesson:
- 1. Have you travelled internationally and returned to the UK, in the last 14 days, to any country not included in the Government list of travel corridors?
- 2. Have you knowingly been in contact with any person who has returned from any country not included in the Government list of travel corridors in the last 14 days?
- 3. Have you been exposed to a confirmed case of Coronavirus in the last 14 days?
- 4. Have you had contact with person(s) with flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?
- 5. Do you or your child have any of the following symptoms?
- a. Fever
- b. Continuous new cough
- f. Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
If the answer is yes to any of the above questions or symptoms you should not attend your swimming lesson.
If the answer is yes to any of the above questions or symptoms, the UK Government advises that you must self-isolate for 14 days to help limit the spread of germs and get tested.
If you have concerns about your health and COVID-19, please call NHS 111 or visit: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/
In the event that any of the symptoms present themselves during your swimming lesson, please inform your teacher from a safe distance and exit the pool, taking yourself straight home into self-isolation as per Government advice. Infant Aquatics to action track and trace policy.
In compliance with STA guidance to be able to restart lessons, we have made a few changes. This will be constantly reviewed by our Covid Officers and we will advise you of any changes. We have followed STA health and safety risk assessments and guidance for each venue.
As an Infant Aquatics customer by booking onto one of our courses & attending our lessons you confirm & warrant that:
- - to your knowledge, you are medically and physically fit and able to undertake and participate in your swimming lesson and will not be a danger to yourself or to the health and safety of others.
- - you understand that while at the venue, participating in your Infant Aquatics swimming lesson (and before and after swimming), you will ensure you undertake and comply with social distancing and exemplary hygiene measures and any instructions or measures specific to the venue.
- - you acknowledge that you undertake all activities at your own risk and Infant Aquatics have not and cannot make any representation or guarantee that attending the venue or participating in swimming is free from risk.
- - For the time being, we must limit the number of people in the pool and around the building. We can only accommodate one adult swimming with each child per class and no spectators.
- - Guidance recommends pool users shower pre & post-swim at home (however some venues may have showers open) and to arrive ‘beach style’ with your costume under your clothes. Where possible, please come swim ready, we have allocated a 10-minute swim change window either side of your lesson.
- - It is your responsibility to ensure your medical and emergency contact information is fully up to date and we are advised of any changes.
- - The easing of social and economic lockdown measures following the COVID-19 outbreak is being supported by NHS Test and Trace. To assist this service, we will keep a temporary record of your details for 21 days and assist NHS Test and Trace with requests for that data if needed. Although this is voluntary, we encourage customers and to share their details in order to support NHS Test and Trace and advise that this information will only be used where necessary to help stop the spread of COVID-19. If you wish to ‘opt out’ it is your responsibility to inform Infant Aquatics at the time of booking.
- - We have equipped all Infant Aquatic teachers with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and they will wear this when appropriate to their duties. They have completed COVID-19 training modules and risk assessments to help them understand what is required to keep our customers COVID secure. Please support our staff by following their instructions
- - We have removed all baby warmers but you are welcome to use your own
- - At this time, due to number restrictions we are unable to offer any alternative lessons for missed classes if you are unable to attend.
- - You are welcome to wear a suitable face mask for protection during your visit. However, once face masks get wet, their effectiveness significantly reduces, which means you cannot wear them in the pool.
- - We will be implementing government guidance which requires a minimum of three-square meters per bather. For all our classes, there will be a reduced number of bathers in the pool.
- - Please respect social distancing in the pool, pool area and changing rooms.
- - Lessons will run normally, but some adaptations will be necessary. For example, instructors may teach from the poolside and the amount of equipment we use will be limited but we will endeavour to keep your experience of our classes the same as they have always been.
- - The teacher will take a few minutes at the end of each class to allow for the safe movement of customers and any cleaning/hygiene measures.
Updated in accordance with current guidance – 14/08/2020